Friday, September 11, 2009

Fit Tip #2

Over the years, I've had many people ask me how I might have gotten a particular result, maybe it was a particular aesthetic result or an enhancement in strength, etc. In most cases, I have shared what has worked for me.. and that is I follow the "no excuses" path. There is virtually no situation in which I don't go to the gym or workout on a designated workout day. I have been consistent in doing this for nearly 10 years. If I am truly ill, I don't workout. In all other circumstances I do. What I often see or hear is people wanting to attain a particular fitness goal, yet they allow a busy day, headache, etc. to derail them from consistency and progress. It's a humorous thing in a gym... gyms get busy after the holidays, then it drops off and people come back in for spring break and then typically you don't see this particular set of people until the holidays again. But these people fail to achieve sustained results over time, because they are only focused on short term results. The people I have known who have had exceptional fitness/wellness results are the ones that do a routine day in and day out over the long haul. So the next time you have a crazy day and feel that spending more time at work may be worthwhile, you may want to re-think. You are worth that time at the gym or engaging in whatever physical activity you wish to decompress and improve your health. Just a matter of getting there and doing it... until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment